Blue Joomla Templates


Onlne Customer

We have 1 guest online
Photo Title 1Photo Title 2Photo Title 3Photo Title 4Photo Title 5


PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Friday, 26 June 2015 12:40

The Amhara Women’s Association (AWA), which is a registered Ethiopian Society according to the Amhara National Regional State Charities and Societies Registration and Administration Proclamation number 194/2012, Article 63 (1) (with a registration number 016), is a non-for-profit, non partisan, non-governmental and volunteer based civil society organization.

AWA, was established by voluntary and committed women in the region for improving the socio-economic and political participation and benefit of women in 1998. Currently, the association has total number of members’ 1.47 million women at different social strata of the region. More than 90% of the members are rural women and the remaining 10% are urban and intellectual women.


Since its organization in 1998, the association has 14 branch offices in (the 10 zones and 3 administrative cities of Amhara region and Addis Ababa City). Has governance structure composed of (the General Assembly, the Council, the Executive committee, and the Management respectively as the decision making body). The association has a structure from Region to kebele levels to assure the overall participation and benefit of women particularly members. The association has designed and implementing a strategic plan of (2011-2016) and the plan was mainly engaged with socio-economic and political empowerment of women and girls, empowering women’s to enhance their decision making power, combating harmful traditional practices, violence and HIV/AIDS that hinder women participation and benefit in development and strengthen the mass base of the association and increase the revenue of the association.

Last Updated ( Friday, 18 March 2016 15:30 )
free pokerfree poker


Related Link




Copyright@awa/actda; 2006 EC ---.
All Rights Reserved.